As mentioned in my Digital Footprint post, having a social media presence is crucial to any business today. For restaurants in particular, if you do not have a social media page for which you are actively creating content on a regular basis, you might as well consider yourself nonexistent in today’s market.
Is that reality a bit harsh? Maybe. True? Absolutely.
I’ve compiled a list of post ideas to get you started. And quite honestly, if you stick to this list for a while, you’ll find yourself with a plethora of post ideas!
I originally created this list for the company I work for to help them create more meaningful content on their pages. They chose not to use it, so guess what! Their loss is your gain. I’ve changed the wording to be more generic so that it may help to spark some creativity on your end as well!
Have other ideas you think would be great for this list? Comment below! Let’s help each other out!
- [your company] Brand Values
- History Piece on [your company]
- Special events/launches
- Inspirational/Quotes – Motivational Monday
- Educational – Tuesday Tips (small, simple, can fit in a photo)
- Tell a Story with a Photo
- Featured Customer (giveaway? Just featured?)
- Shared Customer Post
- Behind the Scenes
- Recipe Card
- Ask a question/poll (What led you to industry? How did you find us on ___? How long have you been in the industry?)
- Spotlights – (departments, resources, products, etc)
- Book Club (featuring books relevant to industry)
- Industry News/Stats
- Live Videos during special events/food shows
- Sneak Peaks/Coming Soon
- Customer Testimonials
- Guest Posts (specialists, chefs, brokers, etc)
- Share Wins or Results/Successes
- Customer Interview
- Seasonal or Holiday Highlight (“National Chocolate Covered Insects Day” – Oct 14)
- “Thank you” post to customers/followers
- Share Podcast or YouTube Video relevant to industry)
- Events Hosting/going to (food shows, industry events, golf tournaments, career fairs, festivals, etc)
- Employee takeover???
- Show Customer Using Product
- “A Day in the Life”
- Special Customer Follower offer (Discount, Something free, etc)
- Fill in the blank (“My favorite [your company] product is__,”)
- Share other Social Profiles (if on FB, share Insta/Pinterest/LinkedIn/Twitter handles)
- Boomerang Video
- Call to Action (click this link)
- Industry Interview
- Where are you? (will tag on map)
- Answer a FAQ
- Exploring new towns (restaurants, tourist spots, hotels, etc)
- Time/Money Saving Tips (highlight [your company] resource in relation)
- Fun Industry-Related Fact
- Featured hashtag (#spot[your company], #[your company])
- Virtual Restaurant Week in different territories
I hope this list is helpful to get you going! I bet you could do an entire year’s worth of posts (or more) with just these ideas alone!