Spinach & Artichoke Dip
An old "copycat" recipe with a Cajun twist (because why not), transformed over the years to the BEST dip EVER! Best served warm - bonus points if your dip dish has a warmer!
- 1 lb frozen chopped spinach
- 14.75 oz marinated artichoke hearts (I like Cara Mia brand)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's is my jam!)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- shredded or shaved parmesan for garnish
In a large saucepan, add frozen spinach and cover in water. Cook on high until boiling.
While spinach is boiling, drain all marinade from artichokes into the saucepan. Chop artichoke hearts into 1/4" to 1/2" pieces. Add to saucepan with spinach.
Add red pepper flakes to saucepan, and boil until spinach changes from a bright green color to more green-brown.
Using a colander, strain water from spinach & artichokes. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
Soften cream cheese in microwave using a microwave-safe bowl for about 1 minute. Add to spinach & artichokes and mix well.
Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve with your favorite dippers!